Easy Oreo Pancakes Recipe
Rise and shine for an indulgent breakfast of Oreo Pancakes or better yet, make a batch for a special dessert. This easy pancakes recipe would also be great for your next Saturday brunch or for the perfect late night treat for a sleepover.
We like to shake things up around here. You know, go against the grain, zig when they zag, buy when others sell, head to the left hand line instead of the automatic right, and all that kind of backwards thinking stuff. It works for us. Usually.
In the scheme of all things contrary, sometimes breakfast is for dinner, and sometimes breakfast is for dessert, or as I like to call it “bressert.” These Oreo Pancakes fall perfectly under the “bressert” category, for sure. They are decadent stack of pancakes that could certainly be served for dessert, unless you wake up with a really huge sweet tooth. And if that is the case, then go for it!
This pancake recipe is made by crushing up Oreos and then mixing the crushed cookies into a batter that makes the perfect indulgent stack of goodness. Top with some fresh whipped cream and more crushed Oreos, or even better, a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, then drizzled with your favorite syrup. And if you are in a creative, play with your food kind of mood, alternate layers of Oreo Pancakes with whipped cream to create one crazy giant over the top Oreo bressert, just make to sure to call me and I’ll grab a fork and head your way.
This easy pancakes recipe can be prepped in no time or make ahead and keep refrigerated overnight until ready to use.
Here are a few of my other favorite pancake recipes that will do double duty as a fantastic dessert or bressert:
Coconut Pancakes: Drizzle these with chocolate syrup for a super duper bressert.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes: A gluten-free and vegan pancake option that doesn’t taste gluten-free or vegan.
Whether you serve these Oreo Pancakes for breakfast, or bressert I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2½ cups whole milk 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for skillet)
- optional: extra crushed Oreos for topping
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and crushed Oreos. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the beaten eggs, milk, and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture. Combine well, but don’t overmix. Batter should still be slightly lumpy. If time permits, allow batter stand for at least 30 minutes. Batter can even be covered and refrigerated overnight until ready to use.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add enough butter to thinly cover pan. Ladle the batter ⅓ cup at a time. Cook pancakes until done and slightly browned on each side. Repeat, cooking pancakes in batches adding butter to pan as needed.