A super easy and quick Homemade Body Scrub with only 3 ingredients that’s perfect for gift giving.
As temperatures and humidity rise you know it’s almost summertime! Translation: sandals, beach, shorts, Nicolas Sparks, tank tops, tanning, bikinis, melanoma. Basically, more of your dry, cracked, calloused skin than has seen the light of day in months, will now be visible for all of your friends, neighbors fellow beach goers, NSA, and God to see. So what better to kick off the sunny season than to exfoliate all the dead, stubborn winter scales! Plus the best way to get a smooth, pretty summer tan is to exfoliate before you’re out in the sunshine. And I know that I can’t be the only one who gets a little extra artsy fartsy when the weather gets warm, so grab your girls, plan your crafternoon, because have we got the easiest and quickest Homemade Body Scrub recipe just for you, and it takes only three ingredients too!
This Homemade Body Scrub recipe is quick, easy and fun. Best of all, it can be personalized using your favorite fragrances. You can add your own preferred fragrance or fragrance combination with the use of essential oils. A few of my favorites are lavender, grapefruit or lemon, and coconut. Or what about a grapefruit coconut combination? Lovely!
A homemade body scrub makes the perfect gift to share for Mother’s Day, graduations, birthdays, or for a new bride-to-be. Whip up their favorite scents, and package them in a cute jar, add a ribbon, and you’ve got one fantastic and sweet smelling gift.
A few Homemade Body Scrub notes:
- This body scrub is made with sugar. It looks a little golden brown in color because I used an organic cane sugar similar to this one. Regular cane sugar may be used. A larger sugar crystal is preferable.
- Grapeseed Oil is virtually odorless and a good choice for a body scrub, but other oils like olive oil could be used as well.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil together until combined. Adjust proportions to desired consistency, if needed.
- Begin with adding ¼ teaspoon essential oil and combine well. Add more essential if stronger scent is desired.
- Transfer to airtight container(s) and store at room temperature.