Coconut Milk Roasted Green Beans Recipe
This Coconut Milk Roasted Green Beans Recipe was inspired by a dish at our favorite local Chinese bistro: Spicy Green Beans. I order it every time and every time I think of how I need to make it at home, but then I don’t. Until now. A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to making a simple roasted version to serve as a side dish with Coconut Milk Baked Chicken (which if you haven’t tried yet, you just gotta—trust me).
They are delicious and remarkably easy, and easy always makes them even more delicious, don’t you think? These green beans are perfect as a side dish but great on their own too! I could totally eat a whole batch of these as a main entree in a skinny minute, and with no complaints. These green beans are satisfying, full of flavor and crunch. Enjoy!
A few notes:
Use unsweetened canned coconut milk. Be sure to stir coconut milk before measuring as it tends to separate in can.
Asparagus, sugar snap peas, and pea pods can be cooked the same way. Such a tasty and healthy way to cook green veggies! Cooking times may need to be adjusted.
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened canned coconut milk (stir to combine before measuring as it tends to separate)
- ½teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pound fresh French (thin) green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and lime juice until smooth.
- On a baking sheet toss mixture with green beans to coat beans, and spread evenly on sheet. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Roast on middle rack for 18-20 minutes, tossing beans halfway through.