Gift Ideas for the cook this holiday season.
If you’re looking for some gift ideas for the cook in your life, I’ve gathered some of my favorites here—a couple of which are on my wish list too! Every good cook knows that it’s not about the tools that make the food taste good, but it sure makes it easier to have the right ones on hand. The list below ranges in price from stocking stuffers to big item gifts. You’re sure to find something for the chef or wannabe chef on your list.
1) Ice Milk Apron: I’ve been smitten with these heirloom quality aprons since discovering them a few years back. So simple, yet so elegant.
4) Salt Box: This little salt box may seem trivial, but I’ve grown quite accustom to using one, and would feel a little lost without one next to the stove while cooking. One would make a great stocking stuffer.
2) Julia Childs Mastering the Art of French Cooking: I’ve been wanting a copy of this forever. One of the quintessential books for any cooks library.
3) Lodge Cast Iron Skillet: You may find this a boring gift, but now that I know how important this black magical pan is, I’d be giddy to get another. It is one of the most practical cooking vessels for any cook.
6) Kitchen Shears: Kitchen shears are a multi-tasker in the kitchen. If you have a kitchen, you should have a good pair of kitchen shears.
8) Microplane: This tool has seen a workout in our kitchen from zesting to grating hard cheeses, and chocolate it’s a keeper. Another great stockage stuffer too.
7) Cotton Kitchen Towels: It’s hard to beat a good cotton kitchen towel. They’re great for a variety of uses in the kitchen. In addition to cleaning, I like to line bread baskets with them, and I even purchased a bunch to use as napkins.
5) Cuisinart Food Processor: This particular food processor is my favorite. It’s a great size, and a sturdy workhorse without taking up too much space. And it’s not crazy loud like some food processors can be.
9) Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven: Much like the cast iron skillet mentioned above, an enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven is an essential piece for a cook to have at their fingertips. From stews to whole chicken and many things in between they cook like no other cookware and are worth every single penny.
10) Blendtec Blender: This powerful blender has become something that is used almost daily. It’s great for smoothies, sauces, and soup bases to name a few.
(Affiliate links are included in this post.)