Coleslaw is such a basic dish, but it can round out a meal nicely. Fresh and crunchy, it’s the perfect pairing for pulled pork, fried fish, and hamburgers. I’ve even been known to eat it alone with ruffly potato chips. Don’t judge. It’s a good combo.
There are about eleventy hundred different varieties of coleslaw out there. While I like them all, the one I’m sharing with you today has been my go-to cole slaw recipe for years now. Try it with for your next cookout, picnic, or fish fry and let me know what you think.
- 6 cups of thinly shredded cabbage (about 10 oz.)
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ounce rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- MIx together all ingredients until combined.
- If desired, add a bit more mayonnaise and/or vinegar to preferred consistency.
- Additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.