A new favorite mascara.

Share on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

I’m not a big cosmetic girly girl, but I have the basics that I can’t do without: moisturizer, lip balm and/or gloss, and mascara. A few weeks ago my daughter and I ran into Ulta for a quick trip to find the lip gloss Ree had recently mentioned on her site. By the time we left, we had a trial pack of the Stila lip gloss (3 trial size tubes for $12 – the Raisin color is my fave) and five other items. Ulta can be a very dangerous place to visit, especially with a teenage daughter.

One of the new discoveries I made that day was this Benefit masacara, They’re Real. I’m usually a drug store, $7.99 mascara, buy one, get one half off, kind of girl (Loreal’s Voluminous has been my go-to), so the $22 price tag kinda made me think twice. But I tried some in store, as the fresh and flawless-faced sales lady promised it was worth giving it a go.

I have to admit, I’ve been quite impressed. Not only does it enhance my lashes more, but see the bottom claim, 100% saw long-wearing results?

That’s what I’ve noticed the most. It’s definitely long-lasting.

I traveled late last week from Greenville, South Carolina to Missoula, Montana. That’s a long way. And a long day folks. Three flights and ten hours later, I went to freshen up and noticed it looked like I’d just applied my mascara. If only the rest of my face held up as well.

You can be sure that I’ll certainly be buying it again (hopefully with a coupon). So if you’re in the market for thicker and longer looking lashes that last, here’s a link: Benefit’s They’re Real mascara at Ulta

And always remember regardless of your lashes, pretty is, as pretty does.

Love ya! xoxoxo

(This is not a sponsored post. I just discovered something new that I like and wanted to share it with ya.)

Comments

i’ve not tried this one Amy but i have been known to shell out $22 bucks for mascara before; problem for me is that i’m not a fan of the waterproof mascara that takes a jackhammer to remove – my old eyes can’t take that kind of scrubbing so i have always been on the hunt for a long wearing, NON waterproof mascara . . . will be taking Miss Benefit for a test-drive

Thanks for this! I hate shopping for mascara and getting home and really disliking the wand or how thick the mascara is. This one sounds good and it’s always great when you get a personal recommendation.

Angie says

Have to go buy this, thanks so much for the rec. I love to have thick long lashes, but don’t like to do the fake ones. I have actually been thinking about that medicine too that makes them thick.

Dame says

If you are thinking about latisse give loreal’s version a try. It doesn’t have the eye color risk latisse has (which IS real, if you get it in your eyes on a semi regular basis and not just on the skin of the lashline which is hard to do) and ironically enough actually works. I used it for about 6 wks and quit using it because well – it worked and the longer thicker lashes drove me crazy against my glasses. A bottle of just the serum (not the serum/mascara dual pack) costs about $15 so even though your mileage may vary its not a bit set back if it doesn’t work.

Suzanne M says

No smearing, no smudging! I kept thinking it was my concealer that was causing smudges but this mascara is good with any concealer. You get separation and outstanding length, too.

Monica says

OK…sold! I’m always looking for better mascara, since it is also almost all I wear. :)
    Love your site, thank you!!
    Aloha-

Suzanne M says

This is the BEST MASCARA EVER!!! I will never be without it as long as it’s made. I have tried so many different brands (priced $5 to $50) trying to find one that holds up, doesn’t smear, flake or irritate my eyes. I don’t have to look any further – this is IT!!
    I <3 this mascara!!!!

Denise says

I’ve used Voluminous for years, too, but this mascara is GREAT! I tried the Stila lipgloss, too and I love it…thanks for the tip on some products worth the splurge. :)

Denise says

I got a sample of this mascara when I visited Sephora on my birthday. Did you know they give samples on your birthday? Anyway, I LOVE it! Such a great mascara! My lashes look longer than ever, AND they aren’t all clumpy or flaky.

Try it!!