Scatter Brain

Share on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

In this box the nice folks from the Westin Peachtree returned to me:

• 5 pairs of pants (1 pair being my favorite)
  • 1 skirt
  • 4 shirts
  • 4 tank tops

Using the drawers in hotels when I travel won’t happen again – out of sight, out of mind, and all that I suppose. And I even checked under the bed mama. I promise. I did.

Thank goodness the nice folks at the Westin hunted them down. I was hoping I’d find my brain in that box too. I’ve been scatter brained a little more than normal lately. Misplacing keys, mixing up appointments, forgetting the laundry in the wash, and other silly things here and there.

Anyway, I thought this deserved a poem. No, a rap, or maybe a dance tune. So here goes. And all my rapping friends out there, add in a “wicky wicky whack” where needed.

Scatter Brain
(to the tune of Dynamite by Taio Cruz)

I want my pants, pants, pants, pants
I can’t find my favorite pants, pants, pants, pants
Have I now gone and lost my brain, brain, brain, brain.
What have I done with those cool pants, pants, pants, pants

Yeah, yeah

Then I cry, no, no, no!
And I cry oh, no, no!

Yeah

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying ay-o
Where’d my brain go?
All I really wanna do is find my things
Where they should be
But, oh no.

I gotta find those things
I may look all night
I’m a scatter brain.
I don’t feel so bright.

Cause I looked there once
And I looked there twice
I’m a scatter brain.
I don’t feel so bright.

I’m gonna find, find, find, find.
My scatter brain and glue it in, in, in, in.
Then I won’t lose my favorite pants, pants, pants, pants.
Not ever, never, not again, gen, gen, gen, gen.

Yeah, yeah

Then I’ll cry yeah, yeah, yeah!
And I’ll shout, oh yeah, yeah!

Yeah

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying ay-o
I found my brain-o!
Now I can my find my things
Where they should be.
Saying ay-o
I found my brain-o!

I’m gonna find those things
I won’t hafta look all night
No more scatter brain.
I’ll be feeling bright.

Will only look there once
Won’t have to look there twice
No more scatter brain.
I’ll be feeling bright.

Now, I feel much better.

Have a loverly day!

Comments

Ha! I always check the dresser drawers even though we don’t use them. So glad they were able to get them back to you. that would have been an expensive trip otherwise.

Hahaha! Totally sounds like me…in fact, after hopping in the shower this morning I realized that I left my shampoo and conditioner at Aloft! I had to use the kids 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner, body wash. It actually made my hair feel quite nice! Haha!

Love your song! :)

So glad they gave them back to you!! I forgot my favorite sweatshirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door in a hotel in Napa once and realized it about 10 minutes down the road. We called to see if I could come back and get it and was told the room had been cleaned and the sweatshirt gone. I’m sure.

You’re hilarious! You know, I did that once too. I thought I’d be all organized and I unpacked my suitcases and used the hotel dressers. Did the same thing…although I don’t think I got my stuff back. It’s been a few years so I’m finally over it. I’m glad you got some of your favs back!! Happy days!

Glue it in! Why didn’t I think of that? My chemo brain is almost “all better” but now and then I realize I shoulda used that glue! lol

You are too much girl! I an happy that the Westin had the integrity to get that box o’ stuff back to you.

Abby says

Amazing. I was just a few hours ago at the airport making excuses for someone who left his laptop at the bar: “Once I’m traveling and out of my routine, I leave everything everywhere.” It is so true!

You are too funny. So glad you got your clothes back…that amount of things missing would be a big problem for me (it would be pretty much my whole wardrobe!)…